Rock on, Spartans

Jiffy Lube Live is a popular concert venue in Bristow, Virginia, where starts of all music genres come to perform. This month, hip hop stars Future, Migos, and Kodak Black performed here, as well as country starts Luke Bryan and Brett Eldredge.

Kiera Bothwell

Kiera Bothwell, Managing Editor Business/Systems

With budding trees and warmer weather, concert and festival season is certainly among us.
Living in the D.C. area WS students have a variety of venues available to them. Famous artists perform at the Verizon Center, The 9:30 Club, Jiffy Lube Live, and Nationals Park.
One of the most well-known country singers, Luke Bryan, is stepping foot in Bristow, Virginia, performing at Jiffy Lube Live. The “Huntin’, Fishin’, and Lovin’ Everyday” Tour includes the special appearance of Brett Eldredge as well.
“My favorite type of concert at Jiffy Lube is by far country,” said senior Kelli Jeter. “The atmosphere is just really nice and it really makes it feel like summer is coming.”
Jiffy Lube even offers the Mega Ticket for extreme country lovers, which allows people to attend country concerts all throughout the season. This is just one of the ‘bang for your buck’ offers that Jiffy Lube uses to attract concert-goers and artists.
“I definitely recommend it for people that love going to concerts, but make sure you are able to go to a lot of them, otherwise you feel like you wasted your money,” said Jeter.
Chance the Rapper is coming to Jiffy Lube Live on June fourth. The concert is just one of many that is a part of his 2017 Spring Tour. Not only are concert-goers enjoying his music, but Chance the Rapper is doing it for a good cause. In the attempt to alleviate the Chicago Public Schools funding deficit, the rapper is donating many of his concert revenues to his own co-founded SocialWorks non-profit.
“It’s nice to know that I’m listening to good music, while also helping kids in Chicago get the education they deserve,” said senior Matt Grone.
Moonrise, a little later in the season, is happening in Baltimore, Maryland on August twelfth and thirteenth. The festival is set to have well-known artists and bands, but the set list has yet to be released. Moonrise usually consists of a weekend full of non-stop music, good food, and cute concert outfits.
“Moonrise has always had a good reputation, so I bought tickets without really knowing the set list,” said senior Marcus Nyguen. “My family is going with me, so either way it’ll be a good time.”

• Rock on, Spartans

Join the walk and take a stand against trafficking

• Rock on, Spartans

Romano honors mom during yearly Raccoon Run

• Rock on, Spartans

Minds matter, so protect them—wear a helmet

• Rock on, Spartans

Building trust

• Rock on, Spartans

International Night showcases Spartan diversity

• Rock on, Spartans

FCPS students reach out to others during Spring Break in Ecuador

• Rock on, Spartans

Honoring the memory of Leslie Sherman

• Rock on, Spartans

Top Stories

Just how clean is our water?

• Rock on, Spartans

Keeping up with our classic construction problems

• Rock on, Spartans

Global warming gears up

Rock on, Spartans