Bumper Stickers Represent

When you are driving down the road, you can almost always expect to see a car absolutely plastered with bumper stickers ranging anywhere from promoting political campaigns to advertising a place visited or a place to eat. Some of these bumper stickers are actually quite hysterical, while others sometimes can offend a certain person or group of people.

Honestly, I personally love seeing backs of cars loaded with all kinds of bumper stickers that have different slogans or sayings from different places. Some can be a little bit vulgar, degrading, and sometimes hurtful, but they aren’t meant to upset the person driving behind them, just merely to amuse them.

In all reality, bumper stickers are just another way to openly express ourselves and our beliefs in any form or type of language we like. Think of it sort of like “bedazzling” the back bumper of your car with just the right kind of things you want. Bumper stickers show character, personality, and views on certain issues.

The best example is the decals that the student athletes, actors, singers, band members and any other participant of and after school activity slaps on the back window of their cars. Their biggest reason? Pride.

All of the students who decide to use one of these bumper stickers do so because they are proud to be who they are and do what they do. That’s really all bumper stickers show, they’re a profound way to describe who a person is.