Junior poised for success

She is as real as a drama queen can get.

Junior Brittany Morgan captures the spotlight in many theater plays, pursuing her dream of becoming a professional actress. In and out of school Morgan is becoming a prominent actress, capturing roles she tried out for just for the fun of it.

“I would love to make acting my career because it is something that I truly, truly love,” said Morgan.

Since she was young, Morgan has been performing in front of audiences. According to her father, Trip Morgan, at home she always wanted to be the “center of attention” which led to her desire to act.

Brittany began participating in church plays, and has now progressed to the school plays and has even earned a role in a community theater.

“For me, theater comes first, well, beside school and grades of course,” Brittany said.

Besides her passion for acting, Brittany tries to maintain high grades and also play Varsity softball. It is hard to balance her busy schedule at times; she admits that when she’s busy with so many activities, she “has no time to breathe.”

Brittany has been in many plays, and will continue to participate in the upcoming “Is He Dead?” fall play where she will have the role of Marie.

In the past, she acted in the role of Lucy for a showing of The “Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe.” Recently, Brittany tried out for a role in “A Christmas Carol at a community theater among many other adult actresses. With only one audition, she was chosen for the role of Martha Cratchet.

“Acting with so many people provides many fun experiences,” said Brittany. “Every play I’m in is memorable for its own reasons. After almost every play, there is at least one role that I look at and say ‘I want to play that part.’”

All of her hard work has earned her notice by people outside of the regular high school theater program.

Although she has not been available to act on film yet, Brittany has taken other steps that help promote her acting career.

“I’ve also been doing a little bit of modeling to help me learn about camera angles for films and how to move and react in front of a camera,” said Brittany.

Her parents have also worked to support her passion. At a young age her father watched movies with her about well-known actors such as Charlie Chaplin and Buster Keaton, teaching her about the fine points of being a believable actress.

“The bottom line is,” said Trip, “that Brittany has been learning about acting, her desired craft, since she was a little girl. For some reason God gave her the talent and the desire to become special at it.”

Brittany acts, and acts, and acts. She loves to make young children’s stories come alive and to make her viewers forget about the problems going on in their life at the moment.

“I love to entertain people, and acting on stage is my way of doing so,” said Brittany. “I love taking words off a paper and making those more than just writing. I love making the imaginary characters breath, walk, talk, and come alive.”