SAT goes to World Wide Web:

The trials and tribulations of many high school students boil down to three simple letters: SAT.

However, with a new online-driven prep course, students can be assured that it is not time to start sweating yet.

Many students have experienced and have come to dread the grueling, four-hour courses that eat up precious Saturdays. While this course will be the same length, the idea is that the online spin will hopefully make it more effective way to learn.

Guidance counselor Michaelle O’Brien believes this course will be a more innovative and interactive learning experience.

“[Information] is attached to the booklet, Keep in Touch e-mails to parents, also on Blackboard under student services/testing,” said O’Brien.

Though students always manage to fill up the cafeteria anyway on those brutal Saturdays, this course has been promoted widely throughout the school.

Students accustomed to the furious scratching of pencils will now have to get used to rapid drum of fingers on keyboards. The use of laptops rather than constant bookwork is the trademark change being brought to this class.

Laptops are being brought in to quicken the pace of practice work, grading, and over-all brain-frying.

“The best part is the instant feedback,” said O’Brien, “[students can see] areas they’re having problems.”

While the bulk of the course will be operated on laptops, students will have to endure one day of typical bookwork.

O’Brien sees this kind of training as apropos; it will benefit kids because the test they are working so hard to prepare for is in this format.

“[Since] the SAT is paper and pencil, 1 in 4 classes will be paper and pencil,” said O’Brien.

A few studious Spartans share O’Brien’s enthusiasm toward the new online course.

Junior Drew Mullins agrees that the laptops will help kids figure out problem areas and more efficiently help them overcome those academic obstacles.

“It’s better. We can get more done because it’s electronic and more fast-paced,” said Mullins.

Junior Chris Ludwig harbors a similar eagerness toward the course; the instant grading system and fast-paced laptops will provide the perfect atmosphere for students trying to prepare for university.

“I’m excited,” said Ludwig, “I’m getting the college intensity.”