Little Monsters crown Gaga queen of YouTube

Gaga ooh la la.

YouTube’s “Billion Viewers Club” just welcomed their first and only member, Lady Gaga. Making internet history, according to the online analytics company Visible Measures, Gaga’s music videos recently reached, when totalled, a billion views. She is closely followed by teen pop sensation Justin Bieber. Many predicted that Bieber would be the first artist to accomplish such a feat, yet The Beliebers fell short to Gaga’s Little Monsters. Hitting this milestone in her career enables Gaga to potentially be dubbed the most powerful person in music today.

“She is a great artist and is breaking barriers in the music world,” said junior Charlie Stewart. “She isn’t afraid to cross the line of being ‘weird.’”

Whether she is wearing a meat suit or a lobster headdress, Gaga has shaped the music industry with a unique style that no one can even compare to. Onlookers may question her fashion sense, but her choices are undeniably noticeable.

“She is the only one that can pull it off,” said senior Jackie Wood.

Using Twitter, Gaga broke the news of her achievement, tweeting, “We reached 1 Billion views on youtube little monsters! If we stick together we can do anything. I dub u kings and queens of youtube! Unite!”

Gaga has a strong fan base chock full of continual supporters of her music and actions. As the only current member of the prestige billion-viewers group, she has set the new road for inductees. Her odd-defying fasion choices and musical risk-taking have caused a commotion in the music industry, and undeniably have served as a brilliant marketing tactic. Only time will tell how much of an impact she will have in the future.

“She deserves this,” said junior Michelle Vandermeir, “She is hitting a totally new wall of music.”