A Fuller House on Netflix

Nothing brings back childhood nostalgia much like Uncle Jesse saying, “Have Mercy!”
The classic TV show Full House which ended in the 1990’s will return to Netflix for a reunion.  Netflix ordered 13 episodes of “Fuller House,” which will see the return of many popular faces. The reunion will focus on a widowed DJ Tanner who moves in with childhood friend Kimmy Gibler to care for their children together. Danny Tanner, Stephanie, and Uncle Joey are all expected to make a return on the show as well. It is unknown whether twins Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen will make an appearance as they both played the sassy young Michelle Tanner.
The original Full House began as Danny Tanner’s wife died in a car crash and Jesse Katsopolis and Joey Gladstone move in to help Danny raise his three daughters: DJ, Stephanie, and Michelle. Danny Tanner (played by Bob Saget) was an obsessive clean freak whose quirks annoyed all the family members in the house, including Comet the dog. Danny is the co-host of the show “Wake Up, San Francisco” with his fellow anchor, Rebecca Donaldson.
The oldest sister, DJ played by Candace Cameron Bure, learned how to deal with her two younger sisters who constantly wanted to mimic her every move. DJ acted as a mentor and mother to Stephanie and Michelle.
“I absolutely loved DJ because I felt like I could relate to her and I had two younger sisters,” said junior Carolyn Rouse.
Stephanie Tanner (played by Jodie Sweetin) was the middle child who constantly wanted to be a part of DJ’s life, even though she was still too young. She never failed to embarrass or annoy in front of DJ’s friends.
“My favorite catch phrase from the show was when Stephanie said ‘How rude,’” said senior Dipal Patel.
Michelle was the precious, young daughter who sassed all of her family members, and her popular catch phrase will be forever remembered, “You got it, dude!”
“Michelle Tanner was my favorite character because she was so sassy to everyone,” said junior Ashley Baldwin.
Joey Gladstone (played by Dave Coulier) was the comedian in the Tanner household. He always knew how to make the girls feel better with his countless voice impressions. He was still a kid at heart, that slept with a stuffed Popeye bear, which made the Tanner children love him even more.
“My favorite character is Uncle Joey because he made really funny Popeye impressions,” said Patel.
Uncle Jesse (played by John Stamos) was the handsome rock star of the household. He had his own band called Jesse and the Rippers. He was also known for his Elvis Presley obsession and impressions. The girls quickly broke down his tough guy persona and he turned out to be an affectionate and caring uncle. He eventually fell in love with Rebecca Donaldson (played by Lori Loughlin) and they had two twin boys.
“I absolutely loved it when Jesse said ‘Have mercy,’” said sophomore Valeria Deza.
The last episode of Full House aired in 1995, however, the show continued to be a favorite. Many students admit to watching reruns with their family as they could easily relate to the problems that occur between siblings. The Tanner household was a diverse group who, despite their struggles, all loved one another.
“I used to watch Full House every day with my sister for hours, and I’m very nostalgic when watching the show because it reminds me of spending time with my sister during our childhood,” said Patel.