Looks like we got a bad ‘Roommate’

Everyone knows that the milestone of your teenage years is going to college. All throughout high school you hope and wish to just make it to graduation. Once you graduate the only thing on your mind is college, or is it?

In the movie “The Roommate” everything that could possibly go bad, went bad for Rebecca (Leighton Meester). Rebecca is a simple girl who loves fashion and to party.

The first day after Rebecca moved in on campus she was greeted by her new roommate at ULA, Sara. Are you bored from reading this so far? Well that’s exactly how I felt at the beginning of this movie. I was somewhat uninterested in the film especially since I knew it was supposed to be scary, but nothing scary was happening. It was the typical pull of the leg movie that you had to sit through because you paid eleven dollars to watch it.

However, once it started to get good I couldn’t stay in my seat. It wasn’t as scary as I predicted it to be mostly because all of the scary parts were shown in television commercials that caught my eye and made me want to see it, but at least I didn’t lose interest.

Stephen (Cam Gigandet) the drop dead gorgeous boyfriend of Rebecca is one of the reasons I personally went to see this movie in the first place. One of the things I can’t stand is when movies are predictable. If you were trying to escape from a bad guy would you run into a dark hallway by yourself? I sure hope not. I was disappointed at the fact that the director chose to release 90% the scariest parts in the commercials and it became less intense throughout.

Overall, I was semi-pleased with the movie in the end. I would recommend seeing if you haven’t done so already. The only thing I wouldn’t do is walk in the theatre with high hopes of seeing another “Paranormal Activity,” but be ready to jump out of your seat at certain scenes throughout.