Special privileges both excite and disappoint class of ’11

Patience is a virtue…unless you’re a senior.

With senior year comes Senioritis, senior parking spots, senior skip days, and now, senior lunch lines. 

The senior lunch line besides the senior parking spot is far and away one of the greatest senior privileges this year.  It’s a great feeling walking to lunch a bit late and knowing there won’t be any line to wait in. 

The new senior lunch line easily cancels out the debacle that we call our orange/blue senior rail. 

Not only does the lunch line benefit those seniors who buy school lunch, but it benefits those who bring a sack lunch as well. 

Being a sack lunch carrier pretty much every day, I find it way less of an emotional scar to have the people at my lunch table who buy lunch spend 2 minutes in the lunch line instead of the 15 minutes it took to wait in the past simply because it spares me from having to spend 10 minutes eating my lunch alone.     

Which brings me to our other senior privileges.  It is almost comical to call a three minute early dismissal a privilege. 

Leaving three minutes early on Fridays is barely enough time to even get to the lockers, and it seems as though each year the time to leave early gets less and less.  2009 seniors got to leave ten minutes early, 2010 seniors got to leave five minutes early and now 2011 seniors only get three. 

Even though this year’s senior privileges aren’t as up to par as the class of 2011 would like, being the first class to have its own lunch line makes this year that much sweeter.

On the other hand, nothing exemplifies the top of the food chain more than a senior lunch line. When everyone else is waiting in ten to fifteen minute lunch lines the seniors are already sitting down enjoying their lunches.  It is essential for the class of 2011 to make this year as enjoyable as possible. 

Seniors have so much on their plate with college apps and capstone projects that the little time we get to relax is extremely important, even if it is just an extra ten minutes at lunch.