Long time rapper still doesn’t get old for fans: Eminem recovers career and revives fanbase with new album, ‘Recovery’

He’s back!

The rapper, who in the early 21st century took everybody by surprise with his hysterical lyrics and obscure sense of humor, has made a comeback into the rapping game with a bang.

Marshall Mathers, otherwise known as Eminem or Slim Shady, regained the love of his fans with his summer album release, “Recovery.” The title of the album is appropriate to what’s been going on in his rapping career as of late.

At the beginning of his career, Eminem had fans eating out of the palm of his hand with his enthusiasm and honesty. But for the past five or six years he’s faded away from that comical side that he once portrayed himself to be and transformed into a dark and hateful rapper.

“His music used to be so funny and would be fun to memorize,” said sophomore Erin Johnston. “Then all of a sudden he completely changed and his music was kind of scary.”

At the end of last year the artist released “Relapse,” his first CD in three years which received less than satisfactory reviews from his critics and fans.

“It was just awful, it wasn’t the same music he was making before. To be all excited and them so disappointed made me lose respect for him,” said senior Haley Cook.

However, the new “Recovery” CD has received nothing but praise. It has sold over two million copies and features two #1 hit songs.

“It’s vicious, you can’t pick a favorite song, they’re all good,” said senior Kara Crennan.

To add on to Eminem’s attempt to salvage his fan base, he will be going on tour all over the world.

Eminem has recently performed in his home town of Detroit, and preformed the first concert ever at the new Yankee Stadium. He will be making a stop here at the nation’s capital in November.

“I think he’s going to come out with a lot of excitement, because it’s going to be his first tour in a while,” said Cook. “I think he’s going to make it up to his fans by giving a really strong show.”