CMA Awards are more than just music: Country stars share what music means to them and their lives

Country music always has its own way of telling a story; each artist at the 44th Annual Country Music Association Awards this year did too.

The night of November 10 was the CMA Awards, hosted by ABC and I must say there were a lot of good things that came out of it this year.

A few couples in the country music world have recently become engaged or married. Carrie Underwood is one of them, but what was really special this year was that artists Miranda Lambert and Blake Shelton are newly engaged. Not surprisingly at all, both Lambert and Shelton won Female and Male Vocalist of 2010. It was a very touching story to see them both win in this category and be able to share it together.

Lambert was also able to experience being the highest award-winning artist of the entire show. She won Female Vocalist of the Year, Album of the Year and lastly Music Video of the Year. These were great and new accomplishments for her that touched not only everyone there, but also viewers because she was so pleased with her achievements.

Personally, I was pleased to find out that talented artists Underwood and Brad Paisley were hosting the CMA’s for 2010. These two singers, in my opinion, are some of the most respected people in the country music world for their music and personalities.

Underwood and Paisley were both nominated for awards, and Paisley was very happy and surprised after winning one of the biggest categories: Entertainer of the Year. This did not come unexpected to many people, though, including myself.

Every artist at these awards is able to share their stories especially when they win an award. They kindly get to thank anyone they wish and say a few words about how much the award means to them.

Listening to the speeches after winning the award is always something to enjoy because if you pay attention closely, there is a different story behind each one.