20 ounces of obesity

Dear Editors:

I read Sara Blaylock’s “Starbucks introduces the Trenta” article in the March 22 Oracle, and I couldn’t agree any more with her. Americans do run on their coffee and the main concern is obesity in the US.

Truth is, I am not an individual who needs coffee to run in the morning, but I do know a few people who are addicted, and I mean they MUST have their coffee. It just so happens that with the new Trenta coming out in May, I am somewhat concerned of the new adjustment Americans will make. Not only are people going to see this as just another drink, but people will now be accustomed to this new idea and expect more in the future.

An example of this would be in the category of technology. Back in the day, a mere cellular device was a big as a house phone; then, over the years it has been improved by the new quality and adjustments. They’re now smaller, thinner, have 4G speeds, and now they are coming up with ways to make your phone capable of attaching ot your laptop for a more easy access to the Web.

But is the Trenta really considered a good thing for us Americans? I do think it will be a huge waste of plastic and cardboard. Americans should think twice before purchasing this Starbucks coffee drink.

Sincerely,

Gaby Gonzalez