Very Much Annoyance: Fans of other artists outraged upon witnessing Lady Gaga’s dress and overwhelming victories

Lady Gaga won everything.

Well, not really, but that’s what it seemed like to viewers of MTV’s 2010 Video Music Awards.

The unique, relatively new artist, dressed head-to-toe in meat, won eight out of 13 nominations including Best Female Video, Best Pop Video and the most coveted award, Video of the Year, for “Bad Romance.” Eminem, Florence + The Machine and 30 Seconds To Mars were also nominated, and while they may not have received the highest VMA honor, rest assured that none of them were left out of the winner’s circle.

30 Seconds to Mars accepted the award for Best Rock Video for “Kings and Queens” and Florence + The Machine took Best Art Direction for “Dog Days are Over.”

Besides providing a crowd-pleasing opening performance with surprise guest Rihanna for “Love the Way You Lie,” Eminem also won Best Hip-Hop Video and Best Male Video for “Not Afraid” even though he wasn’t there to accept them.

Of course, we can’t forget about another notable winner who proves that a hair flip, a smile and subpar dancing skills can go a long way. Naturally, Justin Bieber won “Best New Artist” and supplied a performance that inflicted every girl from age two to 62 with ‘Bieber Fever.’

But awards weren’t the only reason people tuned into MTV on September 12. Chelsea Handler was the first female host of the VMA since 1994. She was rude and crude and offensive and, if none of that bothers you, hilarious. She poked fun at Lindsay Lohan’s stint in rehab, Lady Gaga’s outrageous fashion choices, Bieber’s lack of physical maturity, and “Jersey Shore’s” grimy reputation for having multitudes of house guests.

Two of the most anticipated appearances were Taylor Swift and Kanye West. In “Innocent,” a song about losing your way, Taylor Swift mentions that “32 is still growing up now/who you are is not what you did.” And in addition to apologizing to Swift via Twitter before the show, West performed “Runaway” in which he toasted ‘scumbags’ among others.

While not as intense and Swift and West, other artists did not fail to impress; including Usher, Drake, Linkin Park and a medley of “Beautiful Girls,” “Airplanes,” and “The Only Exception” featuring Bruno Mars, B.o.B, and Paramore.

While not everyone may have been impressed by the results, all in all, the VMA’s were a success.