A+ for Emma Stone

Sarcastic and edgy Emma Stone, as Olive in “Easy A,” steals the show and everyone’s hearts.

Quirky teenager Olive Penderghast is average, so she tells some lies and some more lies. Olive gets everyone to believe she lost her virginity and gets paid to pretend to do it with the socially downtrodden.

Olive becomes the real life Hester Prynne.  Yep, “Easy A” is just another adaptation to world class English literature, only this time Stone takes the A.

The Scarlet Letter, written by Nathaniel Hawthorne, is a classic that has been made much more accessible through Olive’s sarcastic lines and blaring Lady Gaga music.

“Easy A” starts of as one of those “chick flicks,” but soon, with the introduction of Mr. and Mrs. Penderghast’s strange parenting behavior, it becomes a feel good film taking its rightful place next to “10 Things I Hate About You” in the date night hall of fame.

Just as “10 Things I Hate About You” takes Shakespeare’s famous play The Taming of the Shrew and sets it in modern times, “Easy A” takes the theme and essence of The Scarlet Letter and drops it into a suburban high school.

It has Jesus-worshipping mean girls, provocative best friends and a collection of surprising “love” interests all rolled into one movie.

“Easy A” spurts out a whole package of characters, each with their own distinct stereotype and loud personality, who are brought to life by a variety of charismatic actors and actresses. From Amanda Bynes and Penn Badgley to Stanley Tucci and Lisa Kudrow, you don’t have go far to see the people you love to laugh with.

With random references to pop culture classics like “Sixteen Candles” and John Cusack’s abnormally large boom box, you have to give credit to the ingenious minds behind today’s filming industry; they have finally figured out that the 80s produced the best movies and stopped fighting it.

The 80s were when people ditched the books and headed to the theaters, and “Easy A” brought that back for our enjoyment.

Emma Stone made the whole nine dollars I spent to see “Easy A” worthwhile.