Drake’s ‘More Life’ flops

Drake%E2%80%99s+new+album+is+received+poorly+by+many+fans+because+it+focuses+too+much+on+the+positive+and+does+not+reflect+his+real+life.+His+album+featured+many+well-known+rappers+such+as+Quavo%2C+Travis+Scott%2C+and+Kanye+West.+
Drake’s new album is received poorly by many fans because it focuses too much on the positive and does not reflect his real life. His album featured many well-known rappers such as Quavo, Travis Scott, and Kanye West.

Complex

Complex

Kyle Bethea, Oracle Staff Writer

The Canadian rapper Aubrey Drake Graham, better known as Drake, has shocked the music world again with his recent “playlist” tilted More Life.
The album is made up of 22 songs and features artists Kanye West, Young Thug, Quavo, Travis Scott and OVO’S own PARTYNEXTDOOR.
With the original intended release date being in December, and the “playlist” that’s not an album coming out in March. Drake fans are not only unhappy with the postpone but also with how the album sounded. In other words, this is simply the Drake that we did not fall in love with. From his random island songs to almost every song lacking in lyrical content “More life” simply needs more work I feel drake has an ability to reach and touch peoples heart and with More Life it feels as if he just gave us a playlist to keep us entertained and hyped off the Drake buzz, and not an album that would change the culture. “It was decent, I felt it was hyped up a little bit, as some of Drakes stuff usually is,” said junior Gabriel Kier.
The playlist wasn’t complete trash as it had some good moments and a few decent songs that you can vibe too. His hit single Fake Love did really well on the charts and touched many people’s hearts. Some people claim this is Drake’s best work and that it is the best album released to date. I think they are crazy.
“Best thing one about Drake’s album is the amazing, versatile style and different song types added into the work of art he put on. There’s a little bit of everything in these. There’s trap, soul, R and B, etc… Not really much meaning into the album but not everyone pays attention to that so it doesn’t matter. Still one of my favorite albums this year by far,” said junior Yonathan Mesfun
Drake has won Multiple Grammys and is considered to be the best in the rap game. He has made many hits and been on several features. Although this album is not his best work, this certainly is not the end of Drake’s career. He will be back, leaving us a subtle hint on “Do Not Disturb,” saying he will be back in 2018.
“A bunch of people are hating on it, but I mean it’s just different from all his other stuff I like it,” said junior Sarah Albright.

• Drake’s ‘More Life’ flops

Join the walk and take a stand against trafficking

• Drake’s ‘More Life’ flops

Romano honors mom during yearly Raccoon Run

• Drake’s ‘More Life’ flops

Minds matter, so protect them—wear a helmet

• Drake’s ‘More Life’ flops

Building trust

• Drake’s ‘More Life’ flops

International Night showcases Spartan diversity

• Drake’s ‘More Life’ flops

FCPS students reach out to others during Spring Break in Ecuador

• Drake’s ‘More Life’ flops

Honoring the memory of Leslie Sherman

• Drake’s ‘More Life’ flops

Top Stories

Just how clean is our water?

• Drake’s ‘More Life’ flops

Keeping up with our classic construction problems

• Drake’s ‘More Life’ flops

Global warming gears up

Drake’s ‘More Life’ flops