A summer full of concerts

Zac+Brown+performs+at+Jiffy+Lube+Live.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

A summer full of concerts

Zac Brown performs at Jiffy Lube Live.

Zac Brown performs at Jiffy Lube Live.

Courtesy of Nicole Williamson

Zac Brown performs at Jiffy Lube Live.

Courtesy of Nicole Williamson

Courtesy of Nicole Williamson

Zac Brown performs at Jiffy Lube Live.

Katelynn Rodriguez, Business Editor

They heard it. They saw it. They lived it. WS students spent their summers enjoying concerts over vacation.
The DC area was flooded with hit musical artists and concerts, such as Lil Yachty, WMZQ, Chance the Rapper, Zac Brown, Kendrick Lamar and more. Many concert goers struggled with the burden of finding the cheapest tickets, and, recently, tickets have skyrocketed to close to $300 for top artists. People began to ask themselves if the concerts were really worth it. A few hours spent listening to your favorite artist live surrounded by a bunch of other obsessed fans is not always an appealing way to spend the night. Although, regular concert goers are aware of where the best tickets are sold.
“My tickets were super cheap, and I would have been willing to pay more,” said junior Katie Bailey, who attended a Chance the Rapper concert this summer.
Additionally, there are other ways for someone to attend all their favorite concerts, rather than having to wait for each sale to begin. The country music industry is famous for its Megaticket, which is a shortcut to being one of the first in line during all the pre-sales for any country concert.
“My family ordered it online 3 years ago. My favorite has been Florida Georgia Line because they have so much energy and the atmosphere of the concert was so much fun,” said senior Nicole Williamson, who is one of the holders of the country music Megaticket.
Today’s hit artists are known for out-of-this-world performances. Whether it be Tyler Joseph of Twenty One Pilots running over the pit in a giant hamster ball, or displaying holograms of Tupac at the Coachella Music Festival, fans have found their favorite artists’ concerts to be well worth it at any cost.
Many people have claimed that the atmosphere of a concert can make the experience complete.
“Everyone was just there to have a good time,” said Bailey.
Certainly, the claustrophobic venue may be considered bothersome to others, but the fact that such a large group of people, sharing common interests, has joined together in one place to have a great time makes it much more memorable.
“The atmosphere was happy and fun,” said senior Abbie Levine, who attended the Jason Aldean concert.
This year’s performing artists have proved their dedication to their love for music with every exciting concert. The problem with having such a great time at a concert is setting high expectations for the next ones. WS students will just have to wait and see what the next summer concert season holds.
“Zac Brown and I made eye-contact and he touched my hand twice!, ” said Williamson

• A summer full of concerts

Entertainment

Spartans’ favorite artists come to D.C.

• Entertainment

Are Disney’s remakes just as good as the originals?

• A summer full of concerts

Entertainment

Bandersnatch, Yay or Nay?

• A summer full of concerts

Entertainment

“Monster” and the cast wow audience at fall play

• A summer full of concerts

Entertainment

‘Tis the season…to watch television

• A summer full of concerts

Entertainment

Anything Goes hits the Arena Stage

• A summer full of concerts

Entertainment

Which Joker is better?

• A summer full of concerts

Entertainment

American Horror Story gets political

• A summer full of concerts

Entertainment

D.C.’s finest slice

• A summer full of concerts

Entertainment

WS students encounter celebrities

A summer full of concerts