D.C.’s finest slice

Back to Article
Back to Article

D.C.’s finest slice

Pizza from Pizza Paradiso, located in Georgetown. Their cozy atmosphere and seasonal specials makes it great choice for lunch or dinner.

Rachel St. Pierre

Rachel St. Pierre

Rachel St. Pierre

Rachel St. Pierre, Entertainment Editor

Dough, cheese, and sauce. It’s as simple as that. Pizza is one of the most basic foods that exists, yet is still loved by all. Of the millions of ways to create this cheesy goodness, three D.C. pizzerias put the rest to shame.

It’s time to say goodbye to Papa Johns and Dominos and say hello to 2-Amys, Pizzeria Paradiso, and Pi Pizzeria. These three unique pizzerias exhibit the perfect pizzas in any style you like.

2-Amys Neapolitan Pizzeria located right outside Dupont Circle, serves homemade personal pizzas with every topping imaginable. With a main dining room, bar area, and some outside seating, 2-Amys caters to everyone’s needs. Earlier this summer, they had a pipe burst and experienced flooding which caused them to close for renovations. However, they opened again in September and are back and better than ever. If you are ever in search of a wood-oven cooked, thin crust slice of excellent pizza to enjoy in a casual, laid-back and homey atmosphere, you should take a trip to Cathedral Heights D.C. and dine at 2-Amys Neapolitan Pizzeria.

Pizzeria Paradiso has multiple locations spreading all throughout the city and Old Town Alexandria. Not only is the pizza to-die-for, but Pizzeria Paradiso also offers a lot of other activities to attract customers including seasonal specials as well as a game room inside the restaurant. With their large, wood-burning oven located in the center of the restaurant, it is easy to feel cozy and at home in this restaurant’s setting. Pizzeria Paradiso provides table service as well as carry-out options. Dining here has proven to be an enjoyable experience with the warmth from the fire, optional outdoor seating, remarkable service, and red brick decor. The multiple locations spread throughout D.C. including locations such as Georgetown, Dupont Circle, Old Town, Hyattsville, and more on the way, prove that Pizzeria Paradiso is one of the best places to get pizza in town.

Last but not least is Pi Pizzeria, located in Penn Quarter on F Street. Pi Pizzeria serves whole pizzas of any creation you choose. Whether it be thin or thick crust, red or white pizza, the option is up to you. Served in an upscale atmosphere, they offer a variety of pizzas as well as other options included in their diverse menu. The desirable location, great service, and quality pizza, should place Pi Pizzeria on your list.

Throughout the city, there are a multitude of pizza places. However, the quality and uniqueness of 2-Amys, Pizzeria Paradiso, and Pi Pizzeria put all the rest to shame.

• D.C.’s finest slice

Entertainment

“Monster” and the cast wow audience at fall play

• D.C.’s finest slice

Entertainment

‘Tis the season…to watch television

• D.C.’s finest slice

Entertainment

Anything Goes hits the Arena Stage

• D.C.’s finest slice

Entertainment

Which Joker is better?

• D.C.’s finest slice

Entertainment

American Horror Story gets political

• D.C.’s finest slice

Entertainment

WS students encounter celebrities

• Entertainment

Celebrities: all grown up

• D.C.’s finest slice

Entertainment

“The Nun”: Truly scary?

• Entertainment

Come Into the Woods next month

• Entertainment

Viewers love Simon

D.C.’s finest slice