Senioritis spreads as acceptances roll in

Back to Article
Back to Article

Senior Haleigh Morris holding a banner declaring her acceptance into Penn State, the university she plans to attend in the fall.

Courtesy of Haleigh Morris

Courtesy of Haleigh Morris

Courtesy of Haleigh Morris

Katie Ours, Oracle Editor

With the end of the school year quickly approaching, graduating seniors seems to be getting antsy, and this is manifesting itself in the disease that we see annually infect the class; senioritis. It doesn’t need too much of an explanation, as it is often observed by those around the infected upperclassmen.

There are many symptoms of senioritis, and students may demonstrate different variations of these; each case is unique. Some of the most common signs of senioritis are: lack of motivation, waning desire to attend class, and ability to complete homework. This disease may lead to an increase in absences and a decrease in average .

As acceptance letters roll, in the disease seems to be spreading around the class. The letters seem to carry the strain and make symptoms that may have been present become suddenly exaggerated. It is apparent that obtaining evidence of upcoming enrollment in college makes senioritis symptoms flare up.

The disease is getting worse with the impending graduation getting closer with every passing day. The date is set, and the class even got lucky with an early date; June fourth. Nothing could make the senior class happier than having the earliest possible graduation, except possibly the graduation being moved even closer than it already is.

Some of the class has yet to catch the sickness; however, most seniors find themselves showing symptoms.

If you are a senior and find yourself coming down with this disease, I recommend that you buckle down and try to push through to the end of the year. Knowing that college or other future plans that are waiting for you at the end of this long haul of these last few months of school can help you push. The disease may make it harder to focus, possibly making you less agreeable when it comes to class attendance but if you work hard to take it day by day it won’t seem too bad.

Senioritis will eventually spread to most of the senior class’ student body, and yes, that means you will most likely get it yourself one day. Do not be alarmed, it isn’t too dangerous- well, maybe just for your grades.

• Senioritis spreads as acceptances roll in

ETC.

Girl Up drive

ETC.

Applied History: a history lover’s dream

ETC.

A new year, a new Spartan

• ETC.

A senior’s magically unlucky day

• ETC.

The Grinch who stole the theaters

ETC.

A gift guide that can be used for the rest of your life

ETC.

A Dressember to remember forever

ETC.

Vegans give thanks this holiday season

ETC.

Pumpkin spice? Pray for its demise

ETC.

Facing the freshman tradition