BGR revitalizes burger love

Unless you have been living under a rock, you’ve heard of Burger Joint.

Great food, cool soda machine and awesome milkshakes right? That’s what we have all been told. Right when I walked in I was immediately met with the wonderful smell of fries and burgers being made.

I was excited to see that the soda machine that everyone was talking about met my expectations. I had never seen so many flavors of soda and the touch screen was a nice touch. The food looked absolutely mouth-watering and I couldn’t wait to finally try the burgers that everyone has been talking about. I was in pure food heaven until I got the bill. Eight dollars for a burger with nothing on it, plus a dollar for cheese, four dollars for fries, and let’s not forget that five dollar milkshake, the total for my meal came out to be about eighteen of my hard earned dollars.

I was shocked. I mean don’t get me wrong I still bought and thoroughly enjoyed my meal, but I couldn’t stop thinking that I had just dropped almost twenty dollars on lunch. 

Another issue I have with BGR is that it is very small; when I walked in I almost slammed into someone eating their delicious Burger Joint burger. And I also got stuck waiting in an extremely long line for about twenty minutes. Which is about how much money I spent on my meal.

After I finally ordered, I had to find a table. Most were already taken and I had to squeeze between families with screaming children and other high school students to get to a table wedged in a corner where I waited another twenty minutes to get my food.

Don’t get me wrong here, between the atmosphere, music, and amazing soda machine, Burger Joint was awesome. But I’m not sure I’m willing to spend so much money- or time- on lunch that often.