Everyone makes mistakes, even the school newspaper

Dear Readers:
Please believe us when we say: We’ve heard it all.
From the minute grammatical errors, to the formatting issues, to the misspelled words and wrong information, we know what you see in our newspaper.
We know that of the hundreds of students who read The Oracle diligently, there are always those few who take the time to point out our mistakes.
We can promise you, the errors don’t go unnoticed. For every mistake we make in one issue, we work hard to fix that problem in the next. While it’s true we don’t catch some problems after publication, we do our best to make The Oracle worthy of the awards it has won.
We work hard to bring our readers the best. But we’d appreciate a little patience. As more than one Spartan has told us, we—and the Yearbook staff—are the only students in the building whose assignments are printed for everyone to read. How would you like it if we printed your History paper that you worked so hard on so all your friends could critique it?
And speaking of the stories we write, sometimes we hear from students about newsworthy events that we should have—but didn’t—write about. The truth is, though we are extremely involved and know a lot about what goes on around the school, we don’t know everything.
We don’t always know about the open mike night or the poetry slam or the competition one group won while another went on a field trip. We can admit it: We don’t know everything. We would be more than happy to write about groups and events you students (or even teachers) care about; that’s what The Oracle is all about.
We pride ourselves on writing stories that matter to our school. The thing is, if we don’t know about it, we can’t write about it.
This brings us to our next point: Tell us. Tell us when we do something wrong, or if you have an opinion, or if you feel offended, or proud of our work. Tell us when an event is coming up that you think should be written about. The easiest way to do this is to write a letter-to-the-editor.
So far this year The Oracle has received a total of zero letters. Zero. This means that everyone at WS who has a voice only speaks in a whisper that we can’t hear. A game of telephone is going on between students, teachers and members of The Oracle staff and the message never gets through the way we all would hope.
If you have a complaint or praise, or would like to point out grammatical errors, or start a conversation about something meaningful to you, do us a favor and write. Write a letter-to-the-editor and send it to [email protected] or drop it off in Room 215. You could even do something as simple as hand your letter to a member of the staff.
The next time you want to talk about The Oracle, just remember, you can also talk to The Oracle.