Goodbye, Boardwalk—hello, Chipotle

Nora Boyle, Editor

Here Ye! Here Ye! Our prayers have been answered! A new Chipotle is opening in place of the old Verizon store.
The shopping complex right up the street is getting a complete upgrade. After the Boardwalk shut down, plans to expand the Panera were released.Then, news dropped about a new Chipotle taking place of the Verizon store. The Chipotle is going to be pretty large too: that Verizon Store was not small at all.
For WS students, this is a blessing. The two Chipotles close to us are the Saratoga one, and the one on Old Keene Mill.
Let me tell you though, the Old Keene Mill Chipotle is disgusting. They burn your meat and skimp you on portions. It is not worth your seven dollars. Also, it is ALWAYS packed! The line is consistently out the door or close to it.
The Saratoga Chipotle, on the other hand, gives plenty of food. The workers are so generous and give you as much food as your little heart desires.
Everything seems fresher, the corn and tomatoes are brighter colors and the steak has a warm pink center instead of being torched. I hope our Chipotle is like the one out in Saratoga.
The only problem with the new Chipotle is how much our wallets are going to suffer. Panera is already dangerous enough. Now a Chipotle? Game over.
Personally, we think that this new opening is going to lead to people leaving school during lunch time.
Chipotle opens at 11 a.m., and “A” lunch starts at 11:15. Also with renovations, people will be parking in that complex. Again, very, very dangerous. And no, I’m not suggesting anything here. Just pointing out the obvious.
Although, let us not forget who our hearts truly belong to, Village Chicken. We believe that true believers will still go to Village Chicken, but with the possible Panera expansion and the Chipotle it’s going to be a challenge.
Personally, I’m going to stay true to what I believe in and try to balance the three out. The only problem is my wallet is getting smaller and smaller the more I think about it.
Rumor has it the restaurant is going to open in spring 2016. All I’m praying for is that it’s before the class of 2016 graduates. The underclassmen don’t deserve a new school and a new Chipotle. 2016 has suffered enough.
With these new restaurants, all we need now is a gym!