Freshman need to know their place!

Freshmen are great, and theyre the future of this school. However, sometimes they just dont know their place and they need to be taught where they stand in the WS hierarchy.

Photo courtesy of College Xpress

Freshmen are great, and they’re the future of this school. However, sometimes they just don’t know their place and they need to be taught where they stand in the WS hierarchy.

Katelynn Rodriguez, Business Editor

Dear Freshmen,
The Upperclassmen of WS have not yet formally welcomed you. I speak for the majority of my classmates by saying welcome, but before you move on into the rest of your high school years there seems to be a lack of mutual understanding regarding your ‘place’ as freshmen.
Firstly, as leaders of this school we want you to feel comfortable while roaming the hallways, but not too much where all 500 of you enjoy each other’s company in one corner of the school. We know you are new here, but in case you didn’t realize there is a new wing of the school that is open for roaming around.
Secondly, developing healthy relationships is essential for your high school experience. We understand that seeing your best friend is exciting, but not for everyone else when you decide to stop and hug them in the middle of the hallway. Seriously…you just saw them yesterday. While on the topic of walking through the hallways, no one likes slow walkers, so don’t be one.
Thirdly, you all are young and hormones are raging, but we beg of you to not express it to the entire world while switching classes. This is a place of learning, not the basement of your girlfriend’s house. We get it, the guy you sat next to in Algebra 1 at Irving totally has the hots for you, but, sweetie, please keep it to yourself.
Additionally, it’s been awhile since we have been at Irving, but we don’t think they’ve gotten rid of the idea of indoor voices. Are you just so happy to be at school that you decide to scream at the top of your lungs? Or maybe you didn’t get all your energy out while playing on the playground? Come on freshmen, entering the doors of WS is not the same as running through the wildin’ halls of Irving. It’s time to mature just a tad.
There you have it. Just some of our advice for you as you experience the next three years here at WS. Don’t worry, soon you’ll have your big boy/girl pants on and you will be able to claim seniority. You’ll get the hang of it in no time, but for now remember who’s in charge.
XOXO,
An Upperclassmen