New horror in store for the popular ‘American Horror Story’

People all over the world  have been excited for Season 5 of “American Horror Story.”

Photo courtesy of Ruchinka Upadhyaya

People all over the world have been excited for Season 5 of “American Horror Story.”

Noelle Ha, Oracle Staff Writer

The wait is finally over for the new season of American Horror Story, or AHS, which is taking place at the Hotel Cortez in Los Angeles. The hotel is cursed and filled with demonic creatures like ghosts, vampires, and demons. New casting members include Lady Gaga as “The Countess,” a 115 year old vampire in this season. Tristan Duffy, played by Finn Wittrock, is another vampire in the show who’s a drug addict and a bad boy model. Returning cast members include Evan Peters, who’s playing of the ghost of the original owner of Hotel Cortez, is also in this season. The hotel was bought by Will Drake, Cheyenne Jackson, who has a son Lachlan, who is played by Lyric Lennon.
Looking at some of the reviews not many people love the new season.
“I don’t like this story as much as the past seasons because it’s too serious. There’s always something new happening and they don’t always correlate,” said sophomore Hannah DeGuzman.
This season is about a police detective John Lowe, played by Wes Bentley, whose son is kidnapped by the Countess and Donavan, (Matt Bomer), who both live in the cursed hotel. Later on, Detective Lowe went into the hotel after a murder occurred in there by a serial killer that goes by “The Ten Commandment Killer.”
Others in this season include Herpodermic Sally, Sarah Paulson, who had a past with Donavan, and his mother Iris, Kathy Bates.
The first episode of AHS: Hotel aired in October and on that night on Instagram #AHSHotel was trending. The episode began with two Swedish tourists who checked into the cursed Hotel Cortez and they both were attacked by a demonic figure inside the mattress. They were moved to a different room where one of the two falls asleep and was attacked by a ghost child. Ending the episode, Sally and Donavan checked into the hotel and Iris started an argument with Sally assuming that she drugged him. It later on ended with Iris shoving her out of the window.
“The first season was way better because it had a better story line and it was more realistic and relatable,” said sophomore Emma Jones.