‘Friends’ will there be for you when the rain starts to pour

Photo courtesy of George Stark

From left to right: David Schwimmer, Jennifer Aniston, Courteney Cox, Matthew Perry, Lisa Kudrow, and Matt LeBlanc laugh at the good times they have had in the ten years they have spend on “Friends.”

Zobia Nayyar, Entertainment Editor

Get ready for a day filled with laughs, tears, and six friends who share a bond unlike any other, because the “Friends” reunion episode is coming to NBC on February 21, 2016.
In honor of the director of the hit TV show, James Burrow decided to celebrate 1,000 episodes of “Friends” with a reunion. Fan-favorite characters such as Rachel Green, Monica Geller, Phoebe Buffay, Joey Tribbiani, and Ross Geller will be making a comeback.
Matthew Perry, who plays Chandler Bing, will not be making an appearance because he will be filming another project. Instead, he will tape a video that will premiere during the special.
[Chandler] not being there in person is going to take away from the episode,” said junior Sarah Spencer.
The show ended with Monica and Chandler adopting twins, Phoebe and Mike happily married, Joey landing a role in a TV show, and the on/off couple Ross and Rachel getting back together, for good.
“I hope that Ross and Rachel are married and they have another kid,” said junior Taylor Brock. “That would be cute.”
Some of the characters have not filmed any big-time projects so many fans are curious as to what the characters look like now. After all, the last time some fans have seen the characters were back in 2004, when the infamous show ended.
“I know Jennifer Aniston [who plays Rachel Green] has done other movies but, Monica and Phoebe haven’t done a lot of stuff, so it would be interesting to see what they are like now,” said sophomore Leslie Lermo.
Although most of the characters on “Friends” are well-loved, characters such as Janice Hosenstein have not made a positive impact on many fans. Janice is an ex-girlfriend of Chandler who is best known for her obnoxiously nasally voice and her trademark “OH MY GOD!”
“[She] was the only annoying one, but she made laugh a lot,” said Lermo.
“Friends” started in 1994, before students currently at WS were born but it has left a lasting impact on this generation and the generations to come.
“It’s not a binge-watch show but it has a very goofy sense of humor,” said junior Meg Gordon.
The “Friends” reunion episode is entitled to be an unforgettable event that will hopefully explain where the characters have been the last 12 years. This feel-good show is bound to bring its uplifting energy back in the upcoming reunion episode.
“Friends” is a great show that makes you feel better about yourself,” said Spencer.