Two albums, one year, varying opinions

Gucci+Mane+%28aka+Radric+Delantic+Davis%29+has+dropped+a+new+album+after+being+released+from+prison%2C+as+pictured+above.+His+new+music+symbolizes+a+return+to+his+humble+beginnings.+

Photo courtesy of Atlantic Records

Gucci Mane (aka Radric Delantic Davis) has dropped a new album after being released from prison, as pictured above. His new music symbolizes a return to his humble beginnings.

Adrian Quiroz, Oracle Editor

Radric Delantic Davis, also known as Gucci Mane, was recently released from prison a couple months ago and already has two albums out, “Everybody looking” and “Woptober.”
After recently going viral on twitter upon his homecoming from prison and his stunning weight loss, Gucci is a changed man. He has lost over 70 pounds and looks robust. Right after he was released, he quickly decided to drop a single hit, “first day out tha feds,” and it quickly got over 15 million views on YouTube.
The music video featured him flashing money while also showing off his weight loss, and was included on the album ,“Everybody Looking.”
Gucci announced that he had another post-prison project to be released, “Woptober,” and that it would be available early October for free.
It was revealed through a tweet that Gucci wanted to show his fans he appreciates them. He also claimed that “Woptober” is an aggressive album.
Many of his fans didn’t expect him to drop another album.
He had recently released “Everybody Looking” in July, just three months before “Woptober.”
“It was unexpected, but it’s just as good as ‘Everybody Looking,’” said junior Frankie Cabrera.
Fans can now download it on iTunes or stream it on their phone through the sound cloud app. A few Spartans admit that the album definitely has a couple of songs that are fire.
“My favorite song is ‘Intro.’ I think it is one of the best on the album,” said senior Rodrigo Aviles.
The opening song, “Intro,” is considered as one of the best on the album. It is the most replayed on sound cloud along with “addicted.”
“Woptober” features Rick Ross, Travis Scott, and Young Dolph. Their contributions to the albumhelp hype the album and attract more fans since they are well-known and talented rappers.
“One of the reasons I decided to listen to Gucci’s album was because Travis Scott was on it. He’s one of my favorite rappers,” said Aviles.
“Woptober” has already received many positive reviews. It is currently ranked second on the billboard 200 chart and is being recognized as being one of Gucci’s best work.
Critics are giving Gucci credit for coming up with such amazing hooks to each song.
His producers are also being acknowledged for their contribution to the album.
“The entire album had great lyrics and beats. When put together the way they were it caused a great listening experience,” said sophomore North Hess.