Falafel, shawarma and cheese pie

Photo courtesy of Wardo Jama

Cedar Cafe is a Lebanese cafe located in Burke. The cafe, which has been around since 2000, sells sandwiches, such as shawarmas, and a variety of other foods.

Safia Abdulahi, Oracle Staff Writer

Cedar Cafe is a place of culture, tradition and delicious food. But it’s funny how the name of the place has cafe in it, when it didn’t really seem like one. The whole place had a unique vibe surrounding it and kind people serving you. It’s located in Rolling Valley Mall which is only eight minutes away from WS.
The Spartan ommunity is surrounded by places of fast food and no culture. Fast food is something that most teenagers eat, but sometimes it’s better to try something new and Cedar Cafe can be that place for you. It’s a Lebanese restaurant with a variety of foods to try such as the Falafel, Mixed Grill, and a Tahini Salad.
They have a one of a kind hummus and a kabob that made me feel like I was trying it again for the first time.
During my visit I ate the chicken shawarma, for the most part, it tasted like any other chicken shawarma that I’ve had, but the only difference was that there was a delicious ranch inside it that made it taste richer.
Cedar Cafe itself is small with not many people coming in and out. It’s certainly underrated and not as appreciated as it could be. It reminds me of Village chicken, a place right next to WS that many students tend to go to. But Cedar Cafe has a bit of originality, the menus may consist of some of the same foods, but the taste can certainly be differentiated.
It doesn’t only have foods that are eaten during lunch or dinner. It also has desserts and pastries such as Cheese pie. The environment of the cafe invites customers to sit down and relax.
Teenagers are used to eating at places that carry the same foods and names of dishes that can be remembered from restaurant to restaurant. This cafe has a very unique menu with foods that can’t just be found anywhere.
For those looking for a place to eat with culture, unique foods and a quiet spot, Cedar Cafe is the place for them. Fast food might be fast but Cedar Cafe can give a new experience.