Spartan gifts gone wrong

Some students received rare surprises over break

Tuvshinbayar Otgonbayar, ETC Editor

The season of present giving is now over. Which means it’s time to remember all the great gift—even the weird ones.
From new computers to rocks, students around the school were surprised of what awaited them under the tree.
“I got a gaming computer and a new video game,” said freshman Jonathan Wilson.
Some students were presented with the most luxurious of gifts while others were given the most questionable of items.
“I got a rock,” said freshman Zavian Sider.
Other gifts include more tangible/consumable items like a tangerine.
“I got a tangerine as a present, it was fresh and ripe, and ready for consumption,” said sophomore Ray Rader.
Although food is loved by the community, sometimes it’s best if you understand the recipient’s cultural background before you give him or her its present.
“[My friend] gave me a pizza pillow that had pepperoni inside of it, but I couldn’t eat any of it because I’m not allowed to eat pork,” said sophomore John Kashmeeri, who can’t eat pork for religious regions.
But maybe it’s the thought that counts…right?
“My relative gave me scraps of metal,” said freshman Zavian Sider.
When relatives know what they’re doing when they walk into a shoe store for gift shopping, it can be a beautiful thing. But for the ones who don’t know the real from the fakes, one might as well be ready for your roast session when you’re caught when wearing those fakes.
“My grandma bought me fake Yeezys from a no-name brand,” said sophomore Nathaniel Prudencio.
Although relatives may not know what they’re doing sometimes, they know how to have fun, even if it’s for a short amount of time.
“They also bought a Wall-Mount Basketball Hoop, but my little brother broke it from dunking too hard,” said Prudencio.