Starbucks introduces the Trenta

Oh my lucky stars, it is only a few extra bucks.

You might recognize the saying “Supersize me” from McDonald’s, but don’t worry my coffee addicts and passion fruit tea lovers, you can get all you’ve ever wanted with only an additional dollar or two from the new cup size at Starbucks.

Introducing the Trenta: not only is it larger than the Venti, it is a good 16 mL larger than the average human’s stomach capacity.

“It is going to make everyone obese,” said senior Sadie Ahari.

This small-bucket-drink contains about four cups of coffee with tremendous amounts of caffeine, only to further the concerns and worries of doctors and nutritionists who claim caffeine is a dangerous addicting drug.

“It doesn’t make that big of a deal,” said junior Ian Knudsen. “It is just another drink.”

The never-satisfied American country we live in always finds ways to do it bigger and better than before.

It is amazing how we could be drinking literally more volume than our stomachs can even contain—just another example of why obesity is becoming an increasingly widespread problem.

This change is essentially a mental adjustment; once a person starts drinking from a cup that big, then he or she grows used to it and finishing the cup is not compared to completing a task as it gradually becomes the norm.

It might be a huge waste of plastic and cardboard if not many people actually purchase the 916 mL drink.

On the other hand, Starbucks stands a good chance of making Americans break their bank, because let’s face it; no matter how expensive, America runs on their coffee.

“It is an easy way to get more money,” said junior Matt Oclander.

The Trenta will be available at every Starbucks in May, and we will see if the bucks actually come in stars with this new huge cup size.

“I think it is typical American overkill,” said History teacher Ron Maggiano. “And I love it.”