Homecoming scores!

Homecoming+scores%21

Murwah Murad, Managing Editor

Lights, camera, Homecoming!
It’s one of the most anticipated weeks of the year and the Student Government Association scrambled to make it memorable.
Everyone in the Leadership classes began the process of planning Homecoming at the end of August during the Leadership retreat.
“There’s a constant flow of work,” said Sam Jonsson, the SGA advisor. “It’s a lot of responsibility and they dive right in.”
To mix it up, we had a Celebrity/
Paparazzi Day, with flashing cameras chasing movie stars; Character Day, featuring Dr. Seuss characters and Minnie Mouse roaming the halls and even a Pajama Day, so we could be comfy during the PSAT.
The Homecoming Assembly looks like fun but for the SGA, it’s extremely stressful. They have to make sure everyone is ready and arrange the whole event to guarantee everything runs smoothly.
“From the outside it just seems to happen, but no one really understand how much work goes into it,” said senior Grace Duah, SGA president.
Sophomores toppled freshmen at the Powderpuff game Thursday night and the juniors took down the seniors. The next morning everyone started to feel Homecoming buzz because the school was covered in streamers, balloons and other hallway decorations.
“It was kind of sad that they got ripped down at the end of the day because they were so great this year,” junior Autumn Barrclough said.
The parade that afternoon rolled down Forrester, led by the Marching Spartans, followed by class floats and finally Homecoming Court, riding in shiny convertibles and tossing candy to scrambling little kids along the parade route. We tailgated to the delicious sounds of the Guitar-B-Que.
The crowning touch of Friday, though, was the 14-12 football victory over TC and the crowning of our Spartan Royalty, seniors Haley Blankenship and Brock Vaughn.
The traditional Saturday dance was full of glitz and glamour, with a red carpet, a huge Hollywood sign and flashing party lights on the dance floor.
“They don’t know how much this all took but we [the SGA students] know,” said Duah. “And it’s rewarding because I think it was the best it’s ever been.