Sophomores show sadness: Underclassmen prepare for end of the world

The sky is falling! Chicken Little said it so it must be true.

2012 is fast approaching and sophomores are realizing that they will never graduate. The sky will fall and when it does, the class of 2013 will miss out. Enough said.

“I was really upset when I found out,” said sophomore Sally Sue.

Sue has been planning what she would do for graduation for most of her life and isn’t the only one disappointed.

Many sophomores are planning on flying to Mexico to confront the ghosts of the Maya to get them to push back the end of the world to December of 2014.

“The trip is supposed to start during Spring Break,” said sophomore Johnny Rocket, the head of the Don’t Stop the Clock committee.

Rocket has also petitioned the government recently against the growing epidemic of obesity, and boycotted the meat industry as well. His slogan was “meat = gastric bypass surgery. Who wants that?”

Rocket plans to go to Mexico with twenty other willing sophomores and a few juniors who don’t want their freshman year of college cut short.

“It’s really a team effort,” said Rocket, “I couldn’t do it with out them.”

Leading the trip will be none other then our very own Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher Alfie Dumbldrawf. Dumbldrawf decided to join the cause because she believes she would be most valuable to the students once they have to confront the Maya.

“The Maya have been know to dabble in the Dark Arts, I just want to make sure we all get back in one piece,” said Dumbldrawf.

Everyone back at WS is hoping and praying that Rocket and his team succeed—everyone except the freshmen.

“It’s not fair what they are doing. If they push it back they just dump the problem on us,” said freshman Kate Kootie.

Kootie and many freshmen like her also feel strongly against the Don’t Stop the Clock committee’s plans.

The teachers have been trying to solve the rift between the underclassmen but their efforts have been to no avail. PART lessons just can’t fix this.

“It is really sad that it has come to this,” said the night janitor Steven Spielberg. “We are facing the end of the world and all we have been doing is fighting. If anything we will end up destroying ourselves and the Maya will be right.”