How to solve a problem like Maria: let it snow, let it snow, please let it snow

Here comes another month of madness.

For this column, I plan on advising you on the best ways to ensure the maximum amount of snow fall this winter.

Now, I understand that some of you might be tired of snow after last years’ whole ordeal, I know, but don’t you want just one teeny-weeny snow day?

There’s something special about waking up to find out you get to spend the whole day throwing snowballs and making hot cocoa.

So that is why I’m giving this advice: it is important for the students’ (and the teachers’) sanity.

Here are your snow-inducing options to consider:

Option 1: Do the snow dance.

Now, this option can be embarrassing, but if you have lots of guts and if you do the dance with enough passion, then you just might be able pull it off. Though there’s no specific way to do the snow dance, the only requirements are to dance outside, in circles, to be more specific and then the rule that you can definitely not break is the one to wear a hula skirt and a coconut bra. Oh yeah, you read that right. It will not work without it.

Option 2: Wearing your pajamas inside out.

This is a classic. So clearly, all you do is turn your PJs inside out and enjoy all of the extra sleep the next day when you get the school day off. Simple enough, right? Though it could be difficult depending on what you wear to bed. Let’s not get into that now, or well, ever.

Option 3: Flushing ice cubes down the toilet.

Yes, it’s odd, but you never know. It could work. All you do is put a tray of water in the freezer until it turns to ice and then obviously, you flush the ice down the toilet. My only warning is not to flush all the ice down at once or else you will clog your toilet and no one will have a happy snow day.

So there you go, those are your options to make it snow. If you need more options, try putting a frozen spoon under your pillow, a white crayon in the fridge or a bowl of ice under your bed for a night.

But just in case they all don’t work, cross your toes and fingers and hope for a snow day to come at least once this school year.